Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Glass goes Harley!!!!!!


It's really interesting who you meet in the course of a day. Most often, you remember no-one. Anonymous faces passing you by. Every once in awhile you meet a super nice person that totally makes your day. And that's what happened to me the other day on my Etsy site. I got a convo (Etsy's version of email) regarding a piece of jewelry I had made. I have recently started using vintage items to bail my pieces and this particular item was a key with a star in it and a lovely glass cabachon affixed to it. She wanted to know if I had one without the glass. As a glass artist, I generally have nothing without glass but wanted to see if I could help her. I ran a couple of online searches and couldn't locate the old vintage key, but she decided to buy it anyways-glass and all.

The ultra fabulous use she had for it? A stunning neck bauble? A gift for some one special? Better than that!!! She used the piece as a charm on her Harley Davidson gas tank pouch! See the picture-it totally rocks! I have never had a piece used in that fashion before and let me tell you, I am honored. I know Harley owners LOVE their bikes and for me to have a piece of glass on something so special to a person makes me proud!

And-I met a nice person in the process! Her name is Jody and as you can tell by the pictures, she is an avid Harley enthusiast ( and a bit of a flower child-which I totally appreciate being a little bit of a hippie throwback myself). She has an Etsy shop and I encourage you to take a look!!! You can find her shop at http://swett.etsy.com. She specializes in vintage jewelry and I think she rocks!

How could she not? She has excellent taste in bikes and glass!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: